Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source

Mark Hindley mark at hindley.org.uk
Fri Nov 16 14:51:06 GMT 2018

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 11:05:34AM +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 10:53:53AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > I'm not entirely sure if the other subthread here about a missing dbus
> > builddep has made this symlink thing obsolete.
>
> No, I think it is unrelated: libdbus is a builddep only if you run the tests,
> which we don't at present. But I am working on that ;)
>
> > If not then I think that
> > it would be easier to take to the pam+lintian folks with at least one
> > concrete case in hand.
>
> Yes, I agree.

I have had another look at this and I have failed to find anything
concrete. Indeed with Debian sid:

 - elogind 139.1+20181115-1
 - policykit-1/experimental recompiled against elogind
 - libpam-elogind-compat/experimental (but with the symlink deleted)
 - lightdm/slim
 - xfce/cinnamon/MATE
 - "session optional pam_elogind.so" added to both files under /etc/pam.d/
   the reference pam_systemd.so (lightdm-greeter and runuser-1).

AFAICS everything works as expected, including suspend/reboot from the desktop
in all combinations of DM and desktop.

I think we will have to park this unless/until we come up with a concrete
example.

Mark