Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Nov 13 14:33:03 GMT 2018

Mark Hindley writes ("Re: Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source"):
> I have built a new version of elogind with the latest v239.2
> pre-release fixes (pushed to
> https://git.devuan.org/LeePen/elogind/commits/debian_WIP).  There is
> a new busctl command which produces nicer output than dbus-monitor.

I have just uploaded this to Debian sid where it will be going to the
NEW queue.  ISTM that we still have some work to do but this will all
be easier when the package is in sid.

I made a few changes:

 - I had to cherry pick the submodule removal back into the upstream
   branch and prat about with a +nosubmodule version.  This is going
   to be a nuisance.  I am going to have to improve my tooling. [1]

 - I made this mailing list the Maintainer and relegated everyone
   else to Uploaders, and added myself.  I hope that's OK.

 - I changed the version number to a +<date>+g<commit> style.

The result can be fetched with `dgit fetch sid' of course, but I also
pushed it to my personal master branch on gitlab.devuan.

I hope this meets with everyone's approval.
I'm going to do the -compat package in a moment.

I think we should have a common branch somewhere which people feel
free to commit to (or send MRs for).  I wasn't sure what branch name I
should use on the Devuan gitlab's main elogind tree so I did not push
this there.

Could someone from Devuan please make a decree about what branch name
we should be using for this ?  Or, if this is not a sensible thing to
put in the Devuan tree, I will make a `group' and a `project' on Salsa
and push it to `master' there.

Regards,
Ian.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=726953