elogind plan

Lorenz lorenzo.ru.g at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 14:36:27 GMT 2018

Il giorno lun 3 dic 2018 alle ore 14:53 Mark Hindley <mark at hindley.org.uk>
ha scritto:
>I have only seen compile time options for this. What is your runtime
solution?

Hi Mark,
Maybe a fake lead or maybe something to work with.

When you build polkit-1 (the one in Debian Sid, not in experimental) from
Debian source
try to:
* apply the patch [1] with quilt
* install both libelogind-dev and libsystemd-dev
* just do the build, without changing anything in the rule file
* Inspect the package with 'dpkg -I package.deb'

The result, for me, is

$ dpkg -I libpolkit-backend-1-0_0.105-21_amd64.deb
new Debian package, version 2.0.
size 47112 bytes: control archive=1304 bytes.
    691 bytes,    16 lines      control
    258 bytes,     3 lines      md5sums
     44 bytes,     1 lines      shlibs
   2580 bytes,    47 lines      symbols
     67 bytes,     2 lines      triggers
Package: libpolkit-backend-1-0
Source: policykit-1
Version: 0.105-21
Architecture: amd64
Maintainer: Utopia Maintenance Team <
pkg-utopia-maintainers at lists.alioth.debian.org>
Installed-Size: 135
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.4), libelogind0, libexpat1 (>= 2.0.1), libglib2.0-0
(>= 2.37.3), libpolkit-gobject-1-0 (= 0
.105-21), libsystemd0 (>= 213)
Section: libs
 PolicyKit is a toolkit for defining and handling the policy that
 allows unprivileged processes to speak to privileged processes.
 .
 This package contains a library for implementing authentication backends.

Haven't check if the Dep on libsystemd0 is some spuriuos dependency wrongly
determined by the dh sequencer,
or if it's really linked against both libelogind and libsystemd. I can add
that
* it works with elogind (for me)
* It's build on my system with 'dpkg-buildpackage', don't know if it's
replicable in a proper chroot build
* Haven't try to see if it's working with systemd and libpam-systemd

[1] the patch:
https://pastebin.com/hjt3iPRU